Friday, April 10, 2009

Recent photo explores

I've been busy preparing for (and now enjoying until next Friday) MIL's visit, so I haven't been able to mess with all the photos I've taken recently. But here are a few to whet your appetite:

A couple weeks ago Mary used one of her vacation days to play with me and drive around my little rural county taking pictures. This is one of my favorites.

DSC_4430a

(Mary, do you remember the ones of yours I said I wanted copies of? I still want them. You know, whenever. And also that very angry / sad one of Dos wearing her Happy shirt from when Eliza visited.)

Okay, then later Beckle the Freckle and her super adorable family came up to play. Her mom was raised not far from where I now live, so Beckle took us to all the cool ancestral spots. I made this panoramic shot by piecing together a bunch of different ones in Photoshop. The piecing is not perfect -- I'm new to that -- but oh well. Irish, I'd be happy to make you a print of this if you like it. (Or you could wait for me to post the rest and see if you like anything else. Or I could go back when things are more green and see if I can get even better photos. I really like your home towns!)

Swan Lake Valley, ID

I have plenty more from both of those days, but it takes forever to upload things on my stupid slow dial-up connection so they are, for the moment, stuck on my hard drive. I promise to put them up someday, though. :-)


~RCH~

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful picture of Swan Lake. that is larry's favorite view--i'll bet it's from the cemetary. oxford peak looks very lovely w/all the snow. we would love any pictures you have from marsh valley way--downey to swan lake. you take and print beautiful pictures. your girls are beautiful and are lucky to have a mom who is such a wonderful photographer. thanks--looking forward to seeing whatever you have time to post. Love, Irish

    ReplyDelete